I was in a real coloring mood recently, and I came up with several cards, using different coloring tools, that I’ll be sharing in the next few days. I colored today’s card using Stampin’ Write Markers. The sentiment is from the Bird Banter stamp set, which I thought was appropriate with the feather background from the Just Add Color Specialty Designer Series Paper.
But before I show you my card I want to be sure you know about my Tool Sale. CLICK HERE for all the details. Through tonight at midnight PT, get 10% off Stampin’ Up! Tools. Since this is my offer and is not through Stampin’ Up!, you must contact me directly to place your order: [email protected]
What’s included? Big Shot and accessories, dies, embossing folders, punches, punch boards, heat tool, Aqua Painters, Brayers, masks, palette knives, sponges & daubers, spritzers, Bone Folder, Color Caddy, Paper Snips, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Pierce Mat, Simply Scored, Stampin’ Trimmer & accessories.
What is not included? Stamps, inks, paper, adhesives, Memories & More, embossing powder, embossing paste, kits, Paper Pumpkin, markers, Brusho, glitter, embellishments, ribbon & trim, washi tape – most anything consumable, basically.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Basic Black CS cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Just Add Color Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
Stamped with the Bird Banter stamp set:
- sentiment part 1 in Basic Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment part 2 in Basic Black ink onto the inside of the card base (I forgot to photograph the inside. It says, “Obviously, it wasn’t an early bird”)
Die cut using the Lots of Labels :
- Basic Black CS scrap a size larger than the sentiment
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- DSP layer in Crumb Cake, Soft Sky, Wisteria Wonder, Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, Berry Burst, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Marina Mist, and Tranquil Tide. At least I think that’s all of them. Of course you can color them in any colors you like, since the rest of the card is simply black and white.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- sentiment glued onto the Basic Black CS die cut
- Basic Black CS die cut adhered to the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in/with that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some cool stuff for you check out:
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!