Today the brand new August – December 2020 Mini Catalog goes live! To celebrate, I used two brand new products. I used the stamp set from the Hallows Night Magic Bundle, and the dies from the Snow Wonder Bundle to create today’s Happy Halloween card. The background was created using the Smooshing Technique. Basically you smear some ink around a slick surface, like a Window Sheet, and spritz it with water, then “smoosh” paper into it. Every piece is unique.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S hallows hallows hallows hallows
Here are the new products I used:
I used the dies from this bundle, specifically the one at the bottom left. The die is taller than the 7/8″ strip for the sentiment, but I centered it over the sentiment, and used it to cut only the ends.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White CS layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Basic Black CS cut to 4″ x 7/8″
- Smoky Slate CS cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ for the inside of the card base (Purple Posy or Highland Heather CS would work well also.)
- Gorgeous Grape and Tuxedo Black Memento ink refills dripped onto a Window Sheet, then swirled around
- water spritzed onto the ink
- Shimmery White CS layer laid on the Window Sheet to transfer the ink to it, then lifted it and laid it down in a different area of the Window Sheet
- continued “smooshing” the CS in the ink until I liked the look
- set the CS aside to dry completely
- Just a few drops of ink are more than enough for one card, so I smooshed 4 pieces of the Shimmery White CS. I’ll hold on to the other three for future projects. You can see in this photo that there was still some ink left on the Window Sheet.The piece at the bottom left is the one I used for today’s card, because I thought it looked the most like a spooky sky.
Stamped with the Hallows Night Magic stamp set:
- the bats in Tuxedo Black ink onto the smooshed CS layer
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto the strip of Basic Black CS, then heat embossed it in white
Cut using the Snow Time Dies:
- I centered the strip in the die to cut only the ends.
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- embossed sentiment in Dark Highland Heather
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- smooshed layer glued onto the front of the card base
- sentiment adhered onto the smooshed layer using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 2 Red Rhinestones applied onto the larger bat as eyes
- Smoky Slate CS glued onto the inside of the card base (I think I’ll try using Purple Posy or Highland Heather CS on the inside of the cards I make using the other smooshed pieces.)
Use the Bonus Days coupons you earned in the last month!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!