Welcome to the September 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Halloween. I used the Festive Corners stamp set, Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder, and Magic in this Night Designer Series Paper to create a spooky fun 3D Pop Up card.
We have two special guests hopping with us today. One is the amazing and talented Mikaela Titheridge of The Crafty Oink Pen, and I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us. Mikaela has been a member of the prestigious Stampin’ Up! Artisan Design Team, and her projects are always spectacular. She’s also cute as a button! Next, Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp, is joining us on a regular basis, and I know she’ll have a super fun project for us. She is one of my Stampin’ Up! uplines, and she’s an absolute hoot and a half!
Be sure to hop around to all the stops, be cause you definitely don’t want to miss any of the projects from this group of terrific stampers!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S September 2020 Candy Hearts September 2020 Candy Hearts September 2020 Candy Hearts September 2020 Candy Hearts
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Gray card stock (CS) cut to 11″ x 4-1/4″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Basic Gray CS layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Magic in this Night Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4″ x 3-1/2″ (stripes)
- DSP layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 3″ (spiders)
- Whisper White Thick CS cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then cut and scored according to the diagram below
- DSP (cobwebs) cut to 2-3/8″ x 1-3/4″ (2 pieces), to 1-1/2″ x 3/4″ (4 pieces), and to 1/2″ x 1-3/4″ (2 pieces)
- DSP (cobwebs) cut to 3-3/8″ x 3-3/4″ (1 piece) then cut into a C shape according to the diagram below
Stamped with the Festive Corners stamp set:
- sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the spider DSP layer (I used my Stamparatus to stamp it a couple of times so it would be nice and dark.)
- cobweb in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the Whisper White Thick CS around the farthest right cut/score line
- spider in Memento Tuxedo Black ink hanging from the cobweb
Embossed using the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder:
- Basic Gray CS layer
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base, and all the folds in the Whisper White Thick CS, with a Bone Folder
- striped DSP layer glued onto the embossed Basic Gray CS layer
- Metallic Mesh ribbon wrapped around both layers and adhered onto the back using Stampin’ Seal +
- Basic Gray CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- spider DSP layer glued onto the striped DSP layer over the ribbon
- 3 Iridescent pearls applied onto the striped DSP layer (I like to use the pointy end of the Take Your Pick tool.)
- center score line of the Whisper White Thick CS lined up with the score line in the card base, then the C-shaped areas at both ends glued onto the inside of the card base
- cobwebs DSP pieces glued onto their corresponding scored areas of the Whisper White Thick CS
Here’s the September 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping with the Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers!
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy <— YOU ARE HERE!
- Mikaela Titheridge of The Crafty Oink Pen
- Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp
- Joanne Brown of The Inky Dragon
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Two ways to save in September!
Buy the Starter Kit and receive even more! It’s already the best deal: $99 for $125 in product of your choice plus Free shipping! In September you will also receive the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set, the So Much Love stamp set, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and 16 precut card kits! Wow! This is the perfect time to work on your wish list of Stampin’ Up! products! CLICK HERE for more details.
Buy the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (standard size) from me by September 30 and I will give you a Magnetic Cutting Plate FREE! You’ll save almost $30! CLICK HERE for more details and to order.
Here are some helpful links:
- September Host Code YPXPD4Q2 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!