Today’s project is a fun little treat box shaped like a coffin. Stampin’ Up!’s new Coffin Boxes come pre-cut and scored, so you only have to glue the corners to assemble them. There’s a window in the coffin lid so you can see its occupant, a vampire from the Monster Bash Designer Series Paper (DSP.) The coffin is lined with more of the DSP, and the spiders on top are cut from a Black Foil Sheet using the Wicked Dies.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- first traced around a coffin box onto two pieces of Monster Bash Designer Series Paper (DSP), then…
- cut both pieces along the traced lines
Stamped with the Spooktacular Bash stamp set:
- sentiment in Whisper White Craft Ink onto a scrap of Basic Gray card stock (CS)
- heat set the ink using a Heat Tool
Cut using the Ornate Frames Dies:
- ornate frame from a scrap of Basic Gray CS
Cut using the Wicked Dies:
- 3 spiders from a scrap of Black Foil Sheet
Cut using the Layering Circles Dies:
- hole in the die cut ornate frame, and in the top of the coffin box, using the same small die
- vampire from the Monster Bash DSP, and a scrap of clear Window Sheet, using the same larger die
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box and lid with a Bone Folder
- clear circle adhered onto the inside of the lid, lining the hole, using Tear & Tape
- vampire adhered onto the clear circle using Tear & Tape, so he shows through the window in the lid
- box and lid folded and glued into shape
- one piece of DSP glued onto the inside of the box (bats)
- the other piece of DSP glued onto the inside of the lid (cobwebs)
- ornate frame glued onto the top of the lid, around the window
- sentiment glued onto the top of the lid
- 3 spiders adhered onto the top of the lid using Mini Glue Dots
- 2 Red Rhinestones applied onto each spider, to resemble a Black Widow’s hourglass pattern (Yes, I know it’s actually on the bottom of a real spider and not up on its back, but I took a little artistic license.)
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
<– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Preorder the Monster Bash Online Treat Holder Class by September 18:
- Make 6 adorable treat holders in the comfort of your own home!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Monster Bash Suite on pages 52-54 of the 2019 Holiday Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive the stamp set, dies, pre-cut kits, and Black Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/monster-bash-treat-holder-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code 6TNW9P6Z – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!