Welcome to the August 2020 APPT Blog Hop! This month we’re sharing alternate projects to make with the World’s Greatest kit. I used a Mini Paper Pumpkin Box, Mint Macaron ribbon, and In Good Taste Elements along with the kit to create a shaker card and gift box. The box is the perfect size for note cards. The colors in the kit are pretty bold and bright, and I wanted to make something calmer, so I used the Mint Macaron and white from the kit and added Crumb Cake. And I used glue and Stampin’ Seal+ in addition to the glue dots and dimensionals from the kit, but you don’t have to.
Be sure to hop around to all the stops to see all the great alternate projects shared by this talented group of stampers!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S August 2020 APPT August 2020 APPT August 2020 APPT August 2020 APPT
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Mint Macaron card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″, to create the card base
- Crumb Cake CS layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Mint Macaron CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Crumb Cake CS strip cut to 1″ x 3″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the World’s Greatest stamp set:
- card sentiment in Crumb Cake ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS, then trimmed it down using my paper trimmer (It’s about 2″ x 9/16″.)
- round ribbon in Crumb Cake ink onto one of the larger white die cut circles from the kit
- box sentiment in Mint Macaron ink in the center of the Crumb Cake round ribbon
Cut using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch:
- both ends of the Crumb Cake CS strip
Cut using Paper Snips:
- fussy cut around the Crumb Cake round ribbon
- trimmed the ends of the ribbon after tying the bow on the box
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- a clear piece from the kit adhered onto one side of a foam rectangle, also from the kit
- a plaid frame from the kit adhered over the clear piece
- assorted pieces from the In Good Taste Elements laid onto the front of the card base, in one layer but clustered in the center
- stuck the other side of the foam rectangle onto the card front
- sentiment glued onto the punched Crumb Cake CS piece
- Crumb Cake piece adhered onto the card front using Stampin’ Seal+
- 2 vellum pieces from the kit adhered onto the card front using glue dots and glue
- Note: I used only a couple of glue dots where they wouldn’t show. I applied a small amount of glue to a few of the leaves and spread it with my finger, so it wouldn’t show through.
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base (I had not done this yet when I took the photos.)
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box with a Bone Folder and folded to assemble
- Crumb Cake CS layer glued onto the top of the box
- Mint Macaron CS layer glued onto the Crumb Cake CS layer
- 3 vellum pieces glued onto the Mint Macaron CS layer, using small amounts of glue spread onto just a few of leaves
- 3 wooden elements tucked into the vellum pieces and adhered using glue dots
- round ribbon/sentiment adhered onto the Mint Macaron CS layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Mint Macaron ribbon (about a yard or so) adhered onto the back and two sides of the box using Stampin’ Seal + (centering it on the back) then tied in a bow in the front
- Note: Untie the bow to open the box. The ribbon will stay attached to the box around 3 sides.
Here’s the August 2020 APPT Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here’s how to get a prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription:
Just click on the items below to order!
Here’s the World’s Greatest kit:
What it makes:
CLICK HERE to download a printable stamp case insert to store the stamp set and any left over pieces of the kit.
Use your Bonus Days coupons by August 31!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!