Welcome to the August 2020 PPP Blog Hop! This month’s kit is called World’s Greatest, and it’s all about celebrating the heroes in our lives. You can celebrate a teacher, friend, coach, kid, or anyone else you think is the greatest. For my projects, I used the kit along with some extra card stock to create a card and gift bag. I used the ribbon on the card to make it look more like a race medal than a blue ribbon prize. My husband used to be a runner and triathlete, so there’s quite a collection of these medals in our house. I used glue and Stampin’ Seal for my projects, but you can absolutely use the glue dots that come with the kit. You could also use Stampin’ Seal+ or Tear & Tape.
Be sure to hop all the way around to all the stops so you can see all the great alternative projects made with this fun kit by this talented group.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S August 2020 PPP August 2020 PPP August 2020 PPP August 2020 PPP
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- blue card from the kit scored 1/4″ from one end and cut 1/4″ from the other end
- same blue card scored 1/4″ from the bottom, then trimmed according to the diagram below
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 3-1/2″ x 4-7/8″
- Pacific Point CS layer cut to 3-1/4″ x 4-5/8″
- Pacific Point CS layer cut to 2″ x 4″
Stamped with the World’s Greatest stamp set:
- round ribbon in Pacific Point ink onto one of the larger white die cut circles
- long ribbon in Pacific Point ink onto one of the larger white die cut rectangles
- “You’re the BEST” in Pacific Point ink onto one of the smaller white die cut circles
- “#1” in Versamark ink onto one of the smaller white die cut circles, then heat embossed in gold
Cut using the Layering Circle Dies:
- a scrap of Gold Foil Sheet
- OR you could ink the edges of one of the large blue round die cuts from the kit in Versamark ink and heat emboss in gold
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- larger Pacific Point CS layer glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
- piece of ribbon folded in half and adhered onto a yellow die cut layer, folding the ends over the top of the layer, using Stampin’ Seal
- heat embossed small circle adhered onto a gold circle using Stampin’ Seal
- gold circle adhered onto the large round white die cut, centered on the stamped ribbon, using Stampin’ Seal
- large round white die cut adhered onto the gold die cut circle using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- gold circle adhered onto the yellow die cut layer, over the fold in the ribbon, using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembled the bag:
- burnished the folds in the card base with a Bone Folder
- 1/4″ tabs folded in and glued onto the inside of the opposite side of the card base, to form the bag
- small stamped circle adhered onto a gold circle using Stampin’ Seal
- gold circle adhered onto the large white rectangle, just under the stamped ribbon, using Stampin’ Seal
- white rectangle glued onto the smaller Pacific Point CS layer
- Pacific Point CS layer glued onto a yellow die cut layer
- yellow die cut layer adhered onto the front of the bag using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- The yellow tissue paper I used is from the June 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit, called Box of Sunshine.
Here’s the August 2020 PPP Blog Hop:
Click the Next button below to hop to the next stop, Sharon Hashimoto Burkert of As The Ink Dries:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used, other than what came in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here’s how to get a prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscription:
Here’s the World’s Greatest kit:
What it makes:
Click here to download a printable stamp case insert to store the stamp set and any left over pieces of the kit.
The video from Stampin’ Up!
Use your Bonus Days coupons by August 31!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscriptionor subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact mefor details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook groupfor exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!