It’s time for the APPT Blog Hop for September! This month’s kit is called Bone Appétit, and it makes adorable treat boxes. I used the kit to decorate one of the boxes a little differently from the directions in the Bone Appétit kit, and to make a card that mimics the dots on the box. I love the intricate die cut “webs” of bones. And the die cut skeletons are so cute! The one on my card is holding a sign with the greeting, “Happy Halloween,” which is just one of several great sentiments in the Bone Appétit stamp set. I’ll be using this stamp set a lot, since our Halloween party theme this year is Bones!
I’m sorry there have been several days in the past couple weeks when I didn’t get a blog post done. If you’ve followed me for a while, you know that during this time of year our house is consumed with Halloween party prep. There’s little room in the whole place to walk because of all the boxes and totes packed full of skeletons, skulls, bones, etc., as well as other Halloween goodies. There’s a lot to do and not a lot of time left to do it. So please forgive me if I’m not as present online as usual in the next few weeks.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Bone Appétit stamp set:
- card sentiment in black ink onto an orange rimmed tag
- box sentiment in black ink onto the corresponding white tag
- skeleton in Pumpkin Pie ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card
Cut using the 1/2″ Circle Punch:
- 25 circles from a scrap of Pumpkin Pie CS
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- edges of the box sentiment
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base using a Bone Folder
- Pumpkin Pie CS circles glued onto the front of the card base
- web and skeleton from the kit glued onto the front of the card base
- sentiment glued onto the front of the card base
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box using a Bone Folder, then folded the box into shape
- web glued onto the front of the box
- sentiment glued onto the top flap of the box, being careful not to glue it to the flap on the other side
- filled the box with caramels and closed it up
Here’s the APPT Bone Appétit Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
<– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code 6TNW9P6Z – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!