It’s time for the last A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop of the year! The December kit is called Day By Day and if featured a cute little calendar and a gift box it fits in. For my alternate projects I used some of the calendars to make birthday cards and some to make a calendar cube. I’ll send the cards to someone with a birthday or anniversary that month, and I’ll circle the date on the calendar – there’s a handy little circle stamp in the set just for this purpose! I’ve left the insides blank for now so I can stamp the appropriate sentiment in them later. I haven’t lined these yet either, but I’ll glue a piece of Whisper White card stock inside each one for the sentiment and handwritten note.
The kit makes an 18 month calendar: January 2019 – June 2020. You can make 3 cubes, 6 months each, or you can use some for cards. Get two kits and you can do both!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- 12″ x 12″ Grapefruit Grove card stock (CS) scored at 4″ and 8″ in both directions
- Grapefruit Grove CS cut to 11-7/8″ x 11-7/8″, then scored at 3-15/16″ from all four sides
- Pool Party, Grapefruit Grove, and Gray Granite CS cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Gold Foil Sheet cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- trimmed the sides off the sheets of white rectangular stickers (see below) – this gave me more stickers of the same length but different widths, some 1-1/8″ tall and some 3/4″ tall
- trimmed some of the 1-1/8″ tall stickers to 3/4″ tall
- trimmed the tops off the calendars for the cube and for one of the cards
Stamped with the Day By Day stamp set:
- dots in Pool Party, Grapefruit Grove, and Gray Granite inks onto some of the stickers
Assembled the cards:
- burnished the folds in the card bases with a Bone Folder
- applied a stamped sticker onto two of the calendars, then glued them onto the front of the card bases
- ran a 4″ piece of ribbon through the two holes and adhered the ends on the back
- tied a 4″ piece of ribbon around the first piece of ribbon and trimmed the ends
- adhered the first two calendars onto the fronts of the card bases using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- gold foil layer glued onto the front of the third card base
- calendar with the top trimmed away (to remove the holes) adhered onto the gold layer
- a piece of Gray Granite ribbon adhered onto the calendar
- a piece of gold ribbon adhered onto the Gray Granite ribbon
- glued (or will glue) a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS to the inside of each card base
Assembled the cube:
- burnished the folds in the two large Grapefruit Grove CS pieces with a Bone Folder
- cut down one score line on each corner, only to the first score line it crosses
- cut away most of the 4 corner panels (the green areas below) leaving a little for a tab
- glued each tab to the inside of the adjacent side – this gave me two topless boxes
- inserted the smaller box inside the larger box, open side first, and put a little adhesive just inside the seam where they met
- glued the 6 calendars (I used January – June 2020) onto the 6 sides of the cube
- applied a 3/4″ tall stamped sticker to each calendar
Here’s the hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used other than what’s in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Oops! I realized the 1/8″ gold ribbon I used on the third card is retired. I substituted the 1/8″ gold cord below. Looks like I need to recheck my current products!
Here’s the Stampin’ Up! video for this month’s kit!
Here’s a sneak peek of next month’s kit!
Here’s how to get your own Paper Pumpkin!
- CLICK HERE to get a prepaid subscription. Save when you buy a 6-month or 12-month subscription!
- To subscribe month-to-month CLICK HERE.
Here’s the Year-End Closeout!
During the Year-End Closeout promotion, you can save on a selection of retiring and surplus items—while supplies last. Definitely place your orders sooner rather than later, because supplies are limited and the Year-End Closeout ends on January 2. After that, some of your favorite retiring items may be gone for good!
Here’s how to get your copy of the new catalogs:
Just click on this button and I’ll send you the new catalogs, along with a list of the bundles, the Designer Series Paper coordinating colors, and a handmade card!
Here’s how to shop 2019 Occasions/Sale-a-bration items now!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right now, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s more cool stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code 3CXZMQ2Q – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!