It’s time for the APPT Blog Hop for February! This month’s kit is called Grown with Kindness and it features 9 sweet cards with photographic images of succulent plants.
Here’s the Grown With Kindness kit:
I used a card base and a couple of photographic pieces from the kit along with a few other Stampin’ Up! products for my alternate projects: a card and a gift/treat box. I can’t wait to see what all the talented stampers on the blog hop have come up with for their alternate projects. Be sure to hop all the way around, because you won’t want to miss any of them.
Here’s what I made:
The ribbon is a bit loose and saggy on the card, probably because it got manhandled too much before making its way upstairs for the photos. And the ribbon on the box is a little crooked. I guess I was too tired to notice when I took the photos. Just be mindful of the ribbon when you make yours.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Lemon Lime Twist card stock (CS) cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- photographic card layer cut to 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 2-5/8″ x 2-3/8″
- photographic card layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/4″
- Fresh Fig CS cut to 1-7/8″ x 2-1/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 1-3/4″ x 2″
- Basic Black CS cut to 2″ x 8″, then scored at 2″, 4″, and 6″
- Basic Black CS cut to 2″ x 6″, then scored at 2″ and 4″
- Lemon Lime Twist CS cut to 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ (5 pieces)
- Whisper White CS cut to 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ (5 pieces)
- photographic card layer cut to 1-3/8″ x 1-3/8″ (5 pieces)
Stamped with the Grown With Kindness stamp set:
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto the 1-3/4″ x 2″ Whisper White CS
Cut using the 1/2″ Circle Punch:
- semicircle from one end of the 8″ long Basic Black CS
- Lemon Lime Twist square for the front of the box
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Lemon Lime Twist CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- largest photographic layer glued onto the Lemon Lime Twist CS layer
- sentiment glued onto the Fresh Fig CS layer
- 2-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ photographic layer glued onto the 2-5/8″ x 2-3/8″ Whisper White CS layer
- Fresh Fig 1/8″ ribbon tied around the bottom of the photographic layered piece
- the two small layered pieces glued together, then adhered onto the largest photographic layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box with a Bone Folder, then assembled the box
- burnished the folds in the two Basic Black CS pieces
- 8″ Basic Black CS inserted into the box, with the punched notch at the front
- 6″ Basic Black CS inserted into the box to line both sides
- 1-3/8″ photographic piece glued onto a 1-1/2″ Whisper White piece, and that glued onto a 1-3/4″ Lemon Lime Twist CS piece (did this for all 5 pieces)
- the 5 layered pieces adhered onto the top and four sides of the box using Tear & Tape
- Fresh Fig 1/8″ ribbon tied around the box
Here’s the hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used, other that what came in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s how to get your very own Paper Pumpkin subscription:
Buy a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription and earn free Sale-a-bration items!
Here’s the official Stampin’ Up! video on this month’s kit:
Here’s an extra goody for this month’s kit:
- download the stamp case insert for storing the kit’s stamp set and any leftover pieces
- print out the insert and cut according to the printed cut lines
- insert into a Clear Mount Stamp Case
- What to do with the empty Paper Pumpkin box? Turn it inside out for a plain cardboard box, perfect for storage or shipping!
Preorder the Floral Romance Online Class by March 6!
- Make 6 beautiful cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- soft, elegant designs perfect of wedding, anniversary, and much more
- Limited spots available! Don’t let this one sell out before you order!
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links to check out:
- Sale-a-bration!!! – earn free items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code X2T6W47T – receive free product!
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – use this code beginning tomorrow
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!! Like the fabulous Craft & Carry Tote: