Welcome to the September 2020 APPT Blog Hop! This month’s kit is called Hello Pumpkin, and it makes the most adorable little treat holders. I used the pieces fro the kit to make a card and a little treat box. My treat box is 4 sided, which is different from the 5 sided one designed by Stampin’ Up! for the kit. I started by popping out all the die cut pieces from their sheets, including all the diamond shapes from the treat holders, saving everything. I used Black Stampin’ Dimensionals and Multipurpose Liquid Glue, but you can certainly use the Dimensionals and Glue Dots that came in the kit.
Be sure to hop around to all the stops, so you don’t miss any of the great projects this group has made for you!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S September 2020 APPT September 2020 APPT September 2020 APPT September 2020 APPT
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Cajun Craze CS layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whisper White Thick CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- cut apart a treat holder from the kit according to the photos below
Stamped with the Hello Pumpkin stamp set:
- card sentiment in Cajun Craze ink onto a die cut label from the kit
- pumpkin in Pumpkin pie ink onto the inside of the card base
- pumpkin face in Tuxedo Black Memento ink over the pumpkin
Cut using Paper Snips:
- halved a small banner for behind the card sentiment
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- a small Rhinestone Basic Jewel in Dark Shaded Spruce
- NOTE: I started with the Old Olive and Mossy Meadow markers, since those are the greens in the kit, but I thought the dark Shaded Spruce showed up better against the black cat
Colored using a Sponge Dauber:
- bottom edges of the box top in Cajun Craze
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the Whisper White Thick card base with a Bone Folder
- faint pencil lines drawn onto the Whisper White CS layer, vertical lines 3/4″ apart and horizontal lines 1-1/2″ apart
- diamond pieces glued onto Whisper White CS layer, using the pencil lines to arrange them evenly
- any pencil lines that still showed were erased
- Whisper White CS layer with diamonds glued onto the Cajun Craze CS layer
- Cajun Craze CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- two halves of the small banner glued onto the back of the sentiment
- sentiment glued onto a black lace die cut piece from the kit
- two Cajun Craze flowers glued onto the bottom right corner of the sentiment, then the whole piece adhered onto the card front using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- black curly die cut glued onto the card front under the bottom right corner of the sentiment cluster
- green rhinestone applied onto the cat using the Take Your Pick tool
- cat adhered onto the card front above the sentiment using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- small pumpkin die cut adhered onto the card front, next to the cat, using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembled the treat box:
- burnished the folds in the box with a Bone Folder
- 1/4″ flap of box glued onto the inside of the opposite side, to form the body of the box
- end flaps folded in and glued together one at a time to form the bottom
Assembled the treat box lid:
- burnished the folds in the lid with a Bone Folder
- 1/4″ flap glued onto the inside of the opposite side, to form the body of the lid
- end flaps folded in and glued together one at a time to form the top
- a diamond and a black curly piece glued onto the back of a small pumpkin, then glued onto the front of the box lid
- NOTE: Since the box and the lid are the same size (width) it helps to squeeze the top of the box a little bit to get the lid over the top.
Here’s the September 2020 APPT Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used, other than what came in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
World Card Making Day 2020:
- Join me for an afternoon of Bingo, cardmaking, prizes, and fun!
- October 3 at 2:00 pm ET
- See details and register HERE by September 25
- $25 (extra Bingo cards available for $5 each)
- Tell your friends! The more people who register, the bigger the prizes!
Two ways to save in September!
Buy the Starter Kit and receive even more! It’s already the best deal: $99 for $125 in product of your choice plus Free shipping! In September you will also receive the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set, the So Much Love stamp set, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and 16 precut card kits! Wow! This is the perfect time to work on your wish list of Stampin’ Up! products! CLICK HERE for more details.
Buy the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (standard size) from me by September 30 and I will give you a Magnetic Cutting Plate FREE! You’ll save almost $30! CLICK HERE for more details and to order.
Here are some helpful links:
- September Host Code YPXPD4Q2 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!