I always have bottled water at my events, and when I have time, I like to decorate the bottles. You can do this for any event. Today’s project is a bottle I decorated for a graduation party. The colors I used are Fresh Fig and Crushed Curry (garnet & gold) but of course you can use any colors you want. The Banners for You stamp set is perfect for this occasion, and for many others. And the Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies cut out the stamp set’s banners like a charm.
Here’s what I made:
How do you like the mortar board, complete with tassel?
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crushed Curry card stock (CS) cut to 9″ x 3-1/2″
- Fresh Fig CS cut to 9″ x 3″
- Fresh Fig CS cut to 3″ x 3″
- Fresh Fig CS cut to 1-1/4″ x 5″, then scored 1/4″ from one of the long sides
Stamped with the Banners for you stamp set:
- banner in Crushed Curry ink onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS
- sentiments in Fresh Fig ink on the banner
Die cut using the Bunch of Banners Framelits:
Assembled the project:
- burnished the fold in the Fresh Fig CS strip with a Bone Folder
- snipped all along the length, across the 1/4″ strip, up to the score line, using Paper Snips
- wrapped the strip around the top of the bottle to gauge the size (not too tight) then glued the ends together – do not adhere to the bottle or its cap.
- folded all the snipped bits in and glued them onto the center of the 3″ square piece of Fresh Fig CS
- tied a piece of gold ribbon onto a gold tassel, then adhered it to the top of the cap using Tear & Tape
- adhered a 1/4″ punched circle of Fresh Fig CS over the center of the top of the cap, over the end of the ribbon, using a Mini Glue Dot
- adhered the large piece of Crushed Curry CS around the bottle using Tear & Tape
- adhered the large piece of Fresh Fig CS on top of the Crushed Curry CS using Tear & Tape
- glued the banner onto the Fresh Fig CS
- NOTE: I used rubber bands to hold the banner on until the glue dried completely
- NOTE: Adhere the two large pieces of CS to the bottle separately. If you adhere them together, then wrap them around the bottle, they will pull apart.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
Order by May 31 to receive them early- to mid-June. Click here for details and to order!
Here’s some information you should check out:
- Want to order products from the new catalog now? There are two ways.
- Retiring products available through May 31 or while supplies last.
- Swatch Books & Product Shares for 2018-2019 Annual Catalog details
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates
- My Class Calendar
- May Host Code SWA494STR
- Get my FREE Gift for May
- Earn Gumball Rewards
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!