This month the Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop has a theme challenge: Love & Marriage. My page definitely has a love theme, but not necessarily marriage, unless you count the note I made above the photo of how long hubby and I have been together. I used the Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper because I thought the colors went well with the photo (I must say it looks better in person than in my pics below.) The Well Said Bundle, plus a couple more die sets, Rectangle Stitched Framelits and Swirly Scribbles Thinlits, added the accents. I always try to add some handwriting to my scrapbook pages, and I used a Tranquil Tide Stampin’ Write Marker for this one.
Here’s what I made:
The photo is of the two of us on a sailboat in Cabo this past January. I thought the colors of the paper and the wavy die cuts were perfect for the background. And the stitched edges of the sentiment reminded me of the sails. This was a great outing. We saw some humpback whales and they kept jumping out of the water and crashing back down, like they were putting on a show for us, for almost an hour. They made me completely forget that my back was killing me, although it was already much better at this point, after relaxing by the pool for several days prior. Pain shmain. Life is good.
Here’s what I did:
Stamped with the Well Said stamp set:
- sentiment in Tranquid Tide ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock (CS)
- the Stamparatus made it easy to line up the two stamps
Die cut using the Rectangle Stitched Framelits:
- sentiment – The die was longer than I needed so I cut the sentiment close to the top, then again close to the bottom.
Die cut using the Well Written dies:
- “love” from a scrap of the DSP
Die cut using the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits:
- a scrap of Tranquil Tide card stock using the long wavy die, two pieces
Cut with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP) full 12″ x 12″ for the background
- DSP cut to 9″ x 7″, to mat the 8″ x 6″ photo
- one of the wavy die cuts vertically in half (2 pieces about 3″ wide each)
- the other wavy die cut vertically to two pieces about 3/4″ wide each
Assembled the page:
- photo adhered onto DSP mat using Snail adhesive
- Tranquil Tide wavy die cuts glued onto the DSP background page, the 3″ pieces on the left and the 3/4″ pieces on the right.
- DSP mat adhered onto the DSP background using Snail, covering the ends of the wavy die cuts
- die cut word glued onto the die cut sentiment
- sentiment adhered over other layers using Snail
- notes handwritten onto the DSP mat using a Tranquil Tide marker
Here’s the hop:
You can click on the next button to hop to the next stop, or you can use the list below to navigate the hop.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Fable Friends Online Class by February 27!
Click on the image for details:
Here’s more cool stuff to check out:
- Sale-a- ration!!!– earn free items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code X2T6W47T – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!