There are lots of ways to stamp an mirror image, but by far the easiest I’ve found is with the Stampatarus and a Silicone Craft Sheet. I used this technique on today’s Happy Anniversary card I made with the Hey Love stamp set, Dot to Dot embossing folder, and Detailed Trio Punch. the hearts on the inside of the card were cut using the multi-heart die in the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies, but I had them left over from previous projects – I actually have a little container full of them.
I’ve used the Dot to Dot embossing folder a lot lately. It’s so cute and whimsical and can represent so many things, like bubbles, stones, etc. I thought it lent a reptilian air to this card, appropriate for the cute little lovey-dovey crocodiles.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Mossy Meadow card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Old Olive CS layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 5″ x 2-3/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Hey Love stamp set and the Stamparatus:
- crocodile in Memento black ink onto the Whisper White CS layer on the right side
- crocodile in Memento black ink onto the Silicone Craft Sheet ( I stamped it a couple times to make sure there was plenty of ink on the craft sheet.)
- flipped over the layer horizontally, laid it very carefully over the craft sheet, then stamped again. You don’t need to ink up the stamp for this one. This is to press the CS onto the image on the craft sheet and transfer the ink onto the underside of the paper.
- NOTE: When you line up the stamp for the first stamp, be sure it doesn’t cross the center of the layer, or the images may overlap.
- sentiment in Gray Granite ink between the two crocs
Cut using the Detailed Trio Punch:
- rounded all four corners of the Whisper White CS layer and of the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- left crocodile in Mossy Meadow, Old Olive , and Balmy Blue
- right crocodile in Old Olive, Granny Apple Green, and Flirty Flamingo
Die cut using the Be Mine Stitched Framelits:
- tiny hearts, using the multi-heart die, from scraps of Flirty Flamingo and Balmy Blue CS
- NOTE: I had the hears left over from previous projects. The pink one was actually Petal Pink, so I colored it with the light Flirty Flamingo marker.
Ran through the Big Shot in the Dot to Dot embossing folder:
- Old Olive CS layer
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Old Olive CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- croc layer glued onto the Old Olive CS layer
- 3 Heart Epoxy Droplets applied onto the Old Olive CS layer
- 3 hearts glued onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Wonderful Moments Wedding Card Online Class by April 3!
Need some cards for all those weddings and showers that inevitably come up this time of year? This class is for you.
- Make 6 gorgeous cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- perfect for weddings and showers
- I do all the cutting and embossing. You just stamp, color, and assemble!
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and color options (Lovely Lipstick was used in the sneak peeks below, though it looks darker in the photos.)
Here are some helpful links:
- Sale-a-bration is almost over!!! – earn free items!
- Sale-a-bration Coordination items are available for only a couple more days!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra, like the amazing Craft & Carry Tote Bag!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!