Welcome to the August 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Birthday. I used the Whiskey Business stamp set, the Tasteful Labels Dies, and In Good Taste Designer Series paper to create my card. The main colors are browns, yellows, and white. I added a few Real Red touches because the person I made this card for really likes red. If you don’t want the red, you can leave the Star Designer Elements copper, and use Early Espresso ink on the inside of the card.
Be sure to hop around to all the stops to see all the great projects this talented group has for you! The amazing Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations is joining us, and I’m sure she has made something wonderful to share.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S August 2020 Candy Hearts August 2020 Candy Hearts August 2020 Candy Hearts August 2020 Candy Hearts
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Early Espresso card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whisper White Thick CS layer cut to 4-3/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Whiskey Business stamp set:
- decanter in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Whisper White Thick CS layer
- 2 glasses in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto a scrap of DSP (darker wood) then heat embossed in white
- inside sentiment in Real Red ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
Cut using the Tasteful Labels Dies:
- embossed sentiment
Cut using Paper Snips:
- the 2 glasses
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- “whiskey” in the decanter and glasses in Light So Saffron, Dark So Saffron, and Light Cinnamon Cider
- 4 Star Designer Elements in Dark Real Red
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Early Espresso Faux Suede Ribbon and Cinnamon Cider Ribbon adhered onto the larger DSP using Tear & Tape
- NOTE: I folded the Tear & Tape in half so it wouldn’t be too wide for the ribbon.
- larger DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 2 glasses glued onto the Whisper White Thick CS layer
- die cut sentiment glued onto the die cut Early Espresso CS
- die cut Early Espresso CS glued onto the Whisper White Thick CS layer
- Whisper White Thick CS layer adhered onto the larger DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- star elements applied onto the 4 corners of the large DSP layer
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the August 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy <—– YOU ARE HERE!
- Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations
- Linda Krueger of The Stamp Coach
- Joanne Brown of Stamping with JoJo
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
The new catalog AND the new online store are live!
Use your Bonus Days coupons by August 31!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!