Welcome to the May 2022 InKing Royalty Blog Hop! This month we are sharing projects that feature birds and bees, not to be confused with “the birds and the bees.” That’s something entirely different. I used 2 sets of stamps (Honeybee Home and Etched in Nature) and 2 sets of dies (Honeybee Blooms & Eden) to create my card for today. The Etched in Nature stamp set is retired, but I accidentally left it with my current stamps, so I used it on today’s card. Oops!
Be sure to hop around to all the stops on the hop, because you don’t want to miss any of the great projects the Royals have made for you today.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S May 2022 InKing Royalty Blog Hop May 2022 InKing Royalty Blog Hop May 2022 InKing Royalty Blog Hop May 2022 InKing Royalty Blog Hop
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Soft Suede card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Texture Chic Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Soft Succulent CS layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 2-1/8″
- Petal Pink CS layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 2-3/8″
- Sahara Sand CS layer cut to 3″ x 2-5/8″
- Basic White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
- DSP strip cut to 4″ x 3/4″
Stamped with the Honeybee Blooms stamp set:
- two bees in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Vellum CS, then set the ink with my Heat Tool
- the same two bees in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Mango Melody CS
- sentiment in Soft Suede ink onto a scrap of Vellum CS, then set the ink with my Heat Tool
Stamped with the Etched in Nature stamp set:
- bird in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Sahara Sand CS layer
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- bird image in Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Soft Succulent, Daffodil Delight, and Soft Suede
Cut using the Honeybee Blooms Dies:
- the two vellum bees
Cut using the Eden Dies:
- the sentiment
- Since the die is solid, I lined up the sentiment on the back (easy to do with the Vellum) and held it in place with Post-It tape.
Cut using Paper Snips:
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Sahara Sand CS layer glued onto the Petal Pink CS layer
- Petal Pink CS layer glued onto the Soft Succulent CS layer
- Soft Succulent CS layer glued onto the DSP layer
- sentiment glued onto the DSP layer, spreading glue over the entire back of the vellum except at the ends
- Mango Melody bee parts glued onto the backs of the vellum bees
- bees adhered onto the DSP layer using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- small strip of DSP glued onto the Basic White CS, along the bottom edge
- Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the May 2022 InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <——- YOU ARE HERE!!!
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- May Host Code 62B4PD6V – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!