Welcome to the May 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! Today we are honoring Linda Krueger, a member of my Candy Hearts team who passed away unexpectedly twelve days ago, by CASEing some of her projects from her blog, The Stamp Coach. Linda was a talented card maker, a wonderful teacher, and a bright light in the world. She was fluent in multiple languages. And she always had a positive outlook and a terrific laugh. She was a dear friend and I miss her very much.
Donations in lieu of flowers may be made to the: “Linda Krueger Legacy Scholarship for Spanish Studies”, Community Foundation of Dunn County, 800 Wilson Ave., #235, Menomonie, WI 54751, Attn: Samantha Phillips (Program Director) Phone 715-232-8019.
After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S May 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop May 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop May 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop May 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop
Here’s what Linda made:
You can click on the photo to read her blog post about this card.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Blushing Bride card stock (CS) cut to 7″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 3-1/2″
- Flirty Flamingo CS layer cut to 3-3/8″ x 8-3/8″
- Blushing Bride CS layer cut to 3-1/4″ x 8-1/4″
- Basic White Thick CS layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 7/8″
- Real Red CS layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 1″
- Basic White CS cut to 3-1/4″ x 8-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Handsomely Suited stamp set:
- sentiment in Real Red ink onto the 2-1/2″ x 7/8″ Basic White Thick CS piece
- 2 neckties in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- 2 neckties in Flirty Flamingo ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- 2 neckties in Melon Mambo ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- bowtie in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- bowtie in Flirty Flamingo ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- bowtie in Melon Mambo ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
Cut using the Suit & Tie Dies:
- 3 bowties
Cut using the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch:
- top part of Real Red stamped neckties
- middle part of Flirty Flamingo stamped neckties
- bottom part of Melon Mambo stamped neckties
- a scrap of Real Red CS
- a scrap of Flirty Flamingo CS
- a scrap of Melon Mambo CS
- both ends of the sentiment piece
- both ends of the 2-3/4″ x 1″ Real Red CS layer to fit sentiment piece
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Blushing Bride CS layer glued onto the Flirty Flamingo CS layer
- Flirty Flamingo CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- punched stamped pieces glued onto the corresponding color punched CS pieces, offset, then glued onto the Flirty Flamingo CS layer
- bowties adhered over the corresponding color punched pieces, using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- sentiment glued onto the 2-3/4″ x 1″ Real Red CS layer, then that Real Red CS layer glued onto the Blushing Bride CS layer at the top
- Rhinestone applied onto the sentiment using my Take Your Pick tool
- Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card
Here’s the May 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy
- Brian King of Stamp with Brian
- Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Ann Bernard of Queen B Creations
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- May Host Code KKRETSXV – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!