In October I attended a World Card Making event here in Atlanta, hosted by Brian King and Pam Morris, who just happen to be two of my Stampin’ Up! uplines. It was a great day filled with presentations, Make & Takes, games, and more. My project today is CASEd from one we made there – a Hot Cocoa Packet made with Hug in a Mug stamp set, with a Treat Tube full of dehydrated marshmallows. I believe it was designed by Julie DiMatteo of The Paper Pixie. I had to change the measurements just a little bit to accommodate a different brand of hot cocoa mix. Evidently Ghirardelli cocoa packs are wider than the Swiss Miss packs, but they’re oh so delicious!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 9″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/2″
- NOTE: if using a smaller packet, use the the standard 8-1/2″ x 5″, scored at 4-1/4″
- cut the CS from 2-1/2″ up the right side to the top of the score line, cutting away the blue area in the diagram
- Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- DSP cut from 2-1/4″ up the right side to the top left corner
- Crumb Cake CS cut to 3-1/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Real Red CS cut to 3″ x 1-1/4″
Stamped with the Hug In A Mug stamp set:
- sentiment in Basic Black ink onto the Read Red CS piece
Assembled the project:
- the Crumb Cake CS base folded along the score line and glued together along the bottom edge, to create a pouch
- DSP glued onto the front of the pouch
- the small Crumb Cake CS piece adhered to the front of the pouch with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- sentiment glued onto the small Crumb Cake CS
- punched two holes all the way through both layers of the base on the right side, using the 1/8″ Circle Punch
- ran a piece of Jute Twine through both holes, front to back, then tied on the Treat Tube full of dehydrated marshmallows
- tucked the cocoa pack into the pouch
- NOTE: The dehydrated marshmallows puff up as soon as they hit the liquid. I bought mine at Amazon.com HERE. A one pound bag is enough for many, many, many cups of cocoa. I filled fifteen tubes with them, and you can’t even tell I’ve touched them.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Swatch Books and Product Shares from the 2018 Occasions and Sale-A-Bration Catalogs – you can order yours now HERE.
- Year End Sales Event – December 1, 2017 to January 2, 2018 – CLICK HERE for details. Order soon so you don’t miss your favorite retiring items!
- This is a great time to join my team! With the demonstrator discount of at least 20%, you can get Christmas gifts for all the stampers on your list! CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 404-661-5222
- Sale-a-bration Stamp Fest coming January 20. Details and register HERE
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers are now available! Click HERE for more info.
- Hostess Code for the month of December (HS67FXTS) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- December’s FREE gift: Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape – Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!