I got to go on the 2016 Stampin’ Up! Incentive Trip, a Mediterranean Cruise. While touring Positano, Italy, famous for their lemons and limoncello, I bought a bag of lemon drops. Wow! They were the best I’ve ever had! They didn’t last long after I got home, so I did an internet search. I found them – you can order them through Amazon.com! They aren’t cheap, and they doesn’t have fast shipping, but oh my, are they worth it! When I decided to give up one of my precious bags of lemon drops for a birthday gift, I knew the Lemon Zest bundle (Lemon Zest stamp set & Lemon Builder Punch) would be perfect. I couldn’t remove the label without destroying the bag, so I opted to cover it. Let me know what you think!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Lemon Lime Twist card stock (CS) cut to 3″ x 6″, then scored in half at 3″
Stamped with the Lemon Zest stamp set:
- 2 lemons in Daffodil Delight ink onto a scrap of Daffodil Delight CS, then immediately heat embossed them with clear embossing powder, to give them some texture
- leaves in Lemon Lime Twist ink onto a scrap of Lemon Lime Twist CS
- two sentiments – one of the front and one on the back – in Basic Black ink
- NOTE: I used a Black Sharpie marker to add the dots at the ends of the lemons.
Cut using the Lemon Builder Punch:
- lemons and leaves
- stem from a scrap of Lemon Lime Twist CS, which I pressed onto the Lemon Lime Twist ink pad to darken it
Cut using the Envelope Punch Board:
- rounded all four corners of the tag
Assembled the project:
- burnished the fold in the tag with a Bone Folder
- lemons and one leaf glued together, then adhered to the tag front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- remaining two leaves adhered to the lemons using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- stem glued to tag front, sticking out from under the lemons
- lined up the tag over the original one, and adhered it using Tear & Tape
- Lemon Lime Twist clip added on top for the finishing touch
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should know:
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!