Welcome to the August 2020 InKing Royalty Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Autumn Weather. To make my card, I used the Freezin’ Fun Bundle (Freezin’ Fun and Freezin’ Friends Dies,) Snow Time Dies, Autumn Punch Pack, Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper, and lots of colors of card stock.
To set the scene, imagine, this cute little bunny just minding his own business, hanging out in a big pile of leaves. And then all of a sudden, a big gust of wind threatens to move the pile right out from under him. Poor little guy. He doesn’t seem to mind though. As a matter of fact, he seems to be enjoying having his ears flapping in the wind.
Since I wanted the leaves to look like they’re blowing off the card, I made the card base 5-1/4″ x 4″ (just a tad smaller than the usual 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.)
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S August 2020 InKing Royalty August 2020 InKing Royalty August 2020 InKing Royalty August 2020 InKing Royalty
Here’s the bundle:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/4″ x 8″, then scored in half at 4″
- Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ (Crumb Cake pattern)
- Whisper White CS cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Freezin’ Fun stamp set:
- skiing bunny in Early Espresso ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- skiing bunny in Early Espresso ink onto a scrap of the DSP (Pretty Peacock pattern)
- sentiment in Pretty Peacock ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- “wind” in Early Espresso ink onto the DSP layer, on the right
Cut using the Freezin’ Friends Dies:
- both stamped bunnies
Cut using the Snow Time Dies:
- sentiment (then cut off the right end straight)
Cut using the Autumn Punch Pack:
- both leaf shapes from scraps of various colors of card stock: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Rich Razzleberry, Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, and Mossy Meadow
- I didn’t count the leaves, but I started out with at least four of each color (2 of each shape,) then punched more to add in here and there. I would guess I used about 50 or so.
Cut using Paper Snips:
- scarf from the DSP bunny
- excess skis from the Whisper White CS bunny (although I could have gotten away without doing this because I used enough leaves to cover them)
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- bunny nose in Light Flirty Flamingo
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP scarf glued over the Whisper White bunny’s scarf
- bunny glued onto the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- adhered leaves on and around the bunny using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals and glue, to create a 3D pile of leaves
- more leaves glued onto the DSP layer to look blown over to the left
- sentiment adhered over the leaves at the far right of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the August 2020 InKing Royalty Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <——— YOU ARE HERE!!!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
There are a lot of card stock colors on this card. I’ve included the individual card stock packs, as well at the color family packs which contain 2 sheets of each color.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Use your Bonus Days coupons by August 31!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!
This is totally adorable! Love the bunny. And now I want those punches!
Oh yes, Jackie, you have to get these punches! Thank you so much!
LOL – I had a good chuckle with that bunny blowing in the leaves.
Glad I could make you chuckle!
So cute Candy! the leaves really are blowing off the card – I’m surprised the bunny hasn’t moved!! I like your choice of plaid for a subtle background. Adorable card.
I absolutely love this card and the bunny with all the leaves are perfect together! You can see the movement and FUN! How creative! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much, Sheryl!
Such a super-cute concept – and it’s well-executed, too, Candy! Love the colors you’ve chosen for the leaves. So fun to see that bunny jumping into (or out of) the pile of leaves. Love!
Candy, my personal RockStar, this is absolutely gorgeous! I wondered about the freezing until I saw the.bunny.
I so love that you used a winter stamp set on an autumn card! So clever, to imagine the bunny’s ears flying on a leaf pile. Wonderful!!!
Thank you so much, Sheryl!
I just love that cute bunny peeking out of the pile of leaves! What fun!
Poor little bunny feels like most of us do in 2020! Such a cute idea for a card. I love it ❤️
So cute!!! I love that huge pile of leaves you created. Just adorable
Candy!!!! This is sooooo cute!!! I had commented on Brian’s post that it made me want to go jump in a pile of fall leaves – then I come to yours and find this cuteness!!!! This is such a brilliant take on the theme!!! ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you so much, Joanne!
When I first saw the stamp set, I thought it was going to be a winter card – love what you did with it! So colorful!
Thanks, Rachel! It was the stamp I used for the wind that brought this stamp set to my attention for this card.
All the leaves with the bunny in the middle! It reminds me so much of growing up. Love the card!
Aw, thanks, Sue!